Cubs still out of sync
- The cocktail party is over
- ...Ryan Theriot's back-footed throw from deep in the shortstop hole...
- ...Gregg's 3-2 slider to nondescript Chris Duffy... <--Bulletin board material!
- ...and a nine-game homestand in front of a crowd with little tolerance for shaky closers.
- ...Miles hit into a double play to end the inning. And Marmol was spent for nothing.
- But Piniella also promised ''adjustments'' if needed. And it won't take many finishes like this one for that to happen.
I mean, that's nothing compared to some of the stuff I've said over the past 10 months, but I'm a blogger. I can get away with that :) I'm not saying I disagree with any of it - far from it - but it's not the type of journalism I've come to expect.
Just interesting is all. BTW: In the interest of being fair, I don't plan to jump on the "Fire Gregg" bandwagon until he reaches 5 Blown Saves - Kerry Wood had 6 last year and everyone love him.
I WILL say tho - Gregg is NOT Wood, nor should Hendry have pretended he was. You could've signed Wood for a song and you said "No thanks, we've got Gregg. We're good."