Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dang....Aren't we critical??

Check out Gordo's latest on last night's clusterf%&^:
Cubs still out of sync
Some highlights:
  • The cocktail party is over
  • ...Ryan Theriot's back-footed throw from deep in the shortstop hole...
  • ...Gregg's 3-2 slider to nondescript Chris Duffy... <--Bulletin board material!
  • ...and a nine-game homestand in front of a crowd with little tolerance for shaky closers.
  • ...Miles hit into a double play to end the inning. And Marmol was spent for nothing.
  • But Piniella also promised ''adjustments'' if needed. And it won't take many finishes like this one for that to happen.


I mean, that's nothing compared to some of the stuff I've said over the past 10 months, but I'm a blogger. I can get away with that :) I'm not saying I disagree with any of it - far from it - but it's not the type of journalism I've come to expect.

Just interesting is all. BTW: In the interest of being fair, I don't plan to jump on the "Fire Gregg" bandwagon until he reaches 5 Blown Saves - Kerry Wood had 6 last year and everyone love him.

I WILL say tho - Gregg is NOT Wood, nor should Hendry have pretended he was. You could've signed Wood for a song and you said "No thanks, we've got Gregg. We're good."

Dipsh%$

No comments: