Saturday, June 19, 2010

Here we go again...

Carrie Muskat and Paul Sullivan are both reporting Lou's quote: "We've done everything that I can humanly do to get this thing turned around. That's all I can do."

That's it folks. One of my biggest gripes last year was when Lou, at the beginning of May, started saying "I don't know what to do" "What else can I do?" yadda yadda. You are admitting your own uselessness. IF you're useless, get out of the way. Did wonders for the Rockies. Now, I'm not saying that firing Lou Piniella is the cure for this team. I'm not saying it's his fault. I'm not saying Jesus Sandburg has it in him to win win win. What I am saying is, even on a sinking ship, the masses need a leader to tell us which way to run before we die. There has to be hope. There has to be a solution and you better not rest until you freakin' find it! Or step aside and let the priest lead us to safety. I think I just took that Poseidon Adventure metaphor too far.

Maybe Jim Hendry just doesn't want to be the guy who fired Lou Piniella before he retires. All the more reason he should follow Lou out the door.

No comments: