Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thank you Blackhawks!


So, this is a Cubs blog right? Yep. But I think it's no secret that I jumped on the Blackhawks bandwagon last year during their playoff run. Those were some exciting games and I didn't even know what icing was! Then this year, I decided to see if regular season games were as exciting. They were! And I still didn't know what icing was! Now, I'm happy to say, I know what icing is, and I can even follow a game on the radio - without even seeing the puck. Oh my.

I watched many games this year - not all of them. To be honest, if it was overly inconvenient for me to watch a Hawks reg season game, I didn't. I didn't go to the lengths I will typically go to to watch a Cubs game, but I watched/listened to many of them. It was a good time. And now they're the champions. So once again, why am I writing about them in a Cubs blog? Quite simply because the Blackhawks have been the only thing that made this Cubs season anything more than miserable. And now they've won. They're done.

Shit.

No comments: