Thursday, August 28, 2008

Marquis was on...

So yesterday, Marquis pitched a great solid game. Which is a pleasant surprise. I've said before, I don't expect much from a Jason Marquis outing. I still don't. He pitched a great game - as did Zach Duke, surprisingly. I'm not all of a sudden on the Marquis bandwagon though. In my mind he still doesn't make the post-season roster. But he gets a full share and full credit for anything that happens there. He's a #5 starter, which is funny because he'd be a #3 or 4 on a lot of other teams. But he's basically done what a five starter should do. Eat innings and win half of the games.

Now Philly comes in. Howard looks like he's starting to wake up. Rollins is rolling, and hello Jayson Werth. Happy learned how to hit. uh-oh. The Cubs have won 9 straight series, and now to win this one, they'll need 3. That kinda sucks, because as of now, I don't expect that to happen. I'm thinking it'll probably be a split. But you never know...

Let's show this prehistoric minute how we do things downtown...

No comments: