Friday, October 17, 2008

Jake coming to town?

I don't see if, but if so, dang this would be a friggin' scary rotation. Assuming Dempster resigns - Zambrano, Dempster, Lilly, Harden, Peavey. Who the heck is #1???

Reportedly the Pads want a couple of pitchers and a center fielder. Be nice if we could pawn off Marquis and Pie, pay some salary. Add in Sean Marshall? Marquis would fit well with that universe-sized outfield. I hate losing our best lefty out of the bullpen, but let's face it - Marshall is a starter and the Cubs right now are holding him back. Or...And here's a crazy thought.

Trade for Peavy, buh ye Dempster. Sure he caught lightning in a bottle, and maybe he'll be his dominant self for the rest of career. But I like what I see, not what I suspect. Peavy is a proven dominant innings eater year after year.

It'd be a nice deal, but honestly I can live with the rotation as is.

Just some interesting thought is all...

Here's a minute for ya.

No comments: