Saturday, October 25, 2008

What do to..what to do...

So I'm reading Bleed Cubbie Blue blog and he is projecting a Cubs lineup in 2009 -
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/10/20/637547/building-a-cubs-champion-i

I'll sum up...

Trade D-Lee for Matt Cain and lefty reliever Alex Hinshaw
Trade Sean Marshall, Ronny Cedeno, Michael Wuertz and Micah Hoffpauir for Aubrey Huff and Luke Scott
Sign a cheapie backup infielder like Alex Cintron and sign Kevin Millar
Release Fukudome.
Trade Cain and Pie for Ricky Nolasco.

That's the gist of it. So let's take a look.

First of all, with all due respect to BCB for their very well thought out and insightful moves, but there are some I gotta turn my head funny and look at it and say huh?

First off, Fuku ain't goin' nowhere. He's here for AT LEAST another year. Now does he HAVE to be in the majors? Not necessarily.
Second, there is no way in God's green earth that the Giants make that deal as is, at least not without further depleting our farm system.
Third, oh great a trade with the Orioles. Yeah...we saw how well THAT worked out last year.

as far as departures are concerned, not only will I let most of those guys go, I'll help them pack and drive them to the airport. Micah, I'm not ready to pull the plug on just yet. Yes, he's an outfielder with power who tears the cover off the ball in the minors, and we've heard that story before. Didn't like that ending either.

Marshall is a good solid pitcher who isn't cutting it with this rotation, Wuertz and Cedeno - SECURITY!!!

D-LKee hurts, be he's by far the most tradable of the big three. And if he can get us a Matt Cain or Ricky Nolasco, I can live with it.

That's all I got for this minute. More later.

No comments: