Thursday, September 18, 2008

Same result, different reasons

So, I don't expect much from Jason Marquis starts. Haven't all year. Maybe that's not the most fair statement, especially recently, but hey...
With Sheets going to the mound, I gave it about a 30% chance the Cubs would win the game. Turns out I was right, but not for the reason I thought.

Sheets leaves - again - early because of shoulder stiffness. I call it "I'd rather not get slapped around like the little Bee-otch that I am" Stiffness, but you know - po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe. So one of the bottom 3 bullpens in the majors takes over for 7.1 innings, and we can't touch them. Argh. This is pretty much par for the course with how my day was going, so not entirely surprising.

Bottom line, the Boo-hoo Crew needed that game a lot more that the Cubs did. No biggie. We'll just spank Bush tomorrow and clinch over the weekend. Can't argue with that :).

Sheets pitched for about a minute right?

No comments: